“The sinner wounds God’s honor and love, his own human dignity…and the spiritual well-being of the Church, of which each Christian ought to be a living stone. To the eyes of faith no evil is graver than sin and nothing has worse consequences for the sinners themselves, for the Church, and for the whole world.” (CCC 1487, 1488)
The Sacrament of Penance (Confession/Reconciliation) is God’s gift to us so that any sin committed after Baptism can be forgiven. In confession we have the opportunity to repent and recover the grace of friendship with God. It is a holy moment in which we place ourselves in His presence and honestly acknowledge our sins, especially mortal sins. With absolution, we are reconciled to God and the Church.
There are four steps in the Sacrament of Reconciliation:
- We feel contrition for our sins and a conversion of heart to change our ways.
- We confess our sins and human sinfulness to a priest.
- We receive and accept forgiveness (absolution) and are absolved of our sins.
- We celebrate God’s everlasting love for us and commit to live out a Christian life.
The Sacrament of Penance is offered every Saturday:
- morning following the 9:00 am Mass (9:30 am - 10:00 am) at Our Lady, Queen of Peace Church and
- afternoon from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Glassboro,
or by appointment.